CONTENTS

I update my Facebook page much more regularly and have now included a feed from there (via Twitter) at the top of the right hand column so if you are not on FB you can see, and also you can follow via Twitter if you prefer (follow me button below the feed).

Newest Post

Questions and Answers Page

Recommendations

Scroll to the BOTTOM of the RIGHT HAND SIDE BAR to get to the LABELS to help you find posts.

Visit the RIGHT HAND SIDE BAR for the following menu items which posts are grouped into (not entirely up to date!)

About Me

Women of Egypt Project (add to my database)
Contact Me
The Weather in Cairo
Cairo Prayer Times
Visitors to this page world map

BLOG POSTS - CATEGORY GROUPS

Practicalities of Life
Personal Crisis Links
Public Transport in Cairo
General Musings
Places Visited
Bringing Pets to Cairo
Women in Egypt

USEFUL OR INTERESTING LINKS

Lifestyle Links (including online church etc)
Egyptian News
Useful Links
Things To Do On Blog
Other Blogs

Friday 14 March 2008

Good mosquito repellent cream

Mosquitoes are the bane of my existence here, and now the weather's warming up, they are coming out in force again.
Mosquito nets don't suit my circumstances - my two cats wander at will through the night and one of them sleeps on my bed so any net would be disturbed. I have got mosquito-mesh screens at all my windows and at my patio doors but - ahem - I leave it a bit ajar there, and also the kitchen door open for - yes, you guessed it, the furry fiends to wander in and out as they please. (Slight theme here :D )

Anyway, around New Year, I had very dry hands from doing too much cleaning with harsh chemicals and no rubber gloves, so I bought this cream from my local pharmacy called Clipp Cream - universal cream for hand and body - it says on the blurb, and its natural ingredients glycerine, lemon oil, 'allantoine' (whatever that is!) and silicones. It has a very pleasant smell and restored my hands within a few days....

but.... it has the brilliant side effect of repelling mosquitoes! on me anyway - I know everyone is different and different things work on different people - but its worth trying!

Cost 12LE for 62g - and that tube lasted me about 2 months - doing hands, lower arms, ankles and feet most nights and a tiny bit round neck and face.

Anyway, here is a picture of the box for the Enquiring Minds that Want to Know

Clipp Cream

Update: 2nd October 2011:  A supplier in the US has now been located (thanks to a reader for the information!) and she is willing to post internationally.  Find the details here: Clipp cream redux


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...