CONTENTS

I update my Facebook page much more regularly and have now included a feed from there (via Twitter) at the top of the right hand column so if you are not on FB you can see, and also you can follow via Twitter if you prefer (follow me button below the feed).

Newest Post

Questions and Answers Page

Recommendations

Scroll to the BOTTOM of the RIGHT HAND SIDE BAR to get to the LABELS to help you find posts.

Visit the RIGHT HAND SIDE BAR for the following menu items which posts are grouped into (not entirely up to date!)

About Me

Women of Egypt Project (add to my database)
Contact Me
The Weather in Cairo
Cairo Prayer Times
Visitors to this page world map

BLOG POSTS - CATEGORY GROUPS

Practicalities of Life
Personal Crisis Links
Public Transport in Cairo
General Musings
Places Visited
Bringing Pets to Cairo
Women in Egypt

USEFUL OR INTERESTING LINKS

Lifestyle Links (including online church etc)
Egyptian News
Useful Links
Things To Do On Blog
Other Blogs

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Situation in Egypt

Please note that I am not discussing the political situation, others do that far better than me, just practicalities.

I am using my Facebook Page as the place for ongoing updates relevant to expats here.

OldbagofCairo Facebook page

Not sure if you can read it if you are not on Facebook.

Just for the record, I am still here on the outskirts of Cairo and have not experienced any personal danger.  Many stories are doing the rounds, and it's hard to know what is true and what is not.

The situation is also very different in different areas.

At present, myself and the foreigners I know are keeping our heads down for another week, sticking to our immediate localities or if we need to travel, going about with an Egyptian companion.

Feedback I am receiving is that it is ok generally, but foreigners should avoid the Tahrir/DownTown areas and also village areas (around Cairo). Friends in Sharm and El Gouna report that it is ok there.  I only have a couple of reports from Alex, but assume similar to Cairo.

Animals are suffering a great deal in this situation and my friend One Fleeting Glimpse has done a blog article about it here:

Emergency Appeal for Funds

and this is a newspaper article on the effects on the horses (and their families) near the Pyramids:
Al Masry Al Youm - Animals at the Pyramids

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Old Bag of Cairo,

I'm a journalist and wrote a story about this, along with a follow up story that can be found at www.petsadviser.com

I also have a comprehensive website for pet related matters in Cairo. www.cariopets.com

Oldbag of Cairo said...

Sarah's website is www.cairopets.com - she made a typo in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...